Journey: African American Outdoor Sports Association, whose primary concern is to provide its members and friends with the opportunity to enjoy nature through various activities. We publish a schedule of activities to suit a variety of interest and skill levels. We welcome non-members to participate in all of our activities. A guest fee of $7.00 is charged to non-members. Non-members take responsibility for their individual safety and welfare on JOURNEY excursions. Members, through their dues, underwrite the expense of arranging this schedule. Guests share these obligations through the medium of the guest fee.
Journey is dependent upon the voluntary cooperation of those participating in its activities. Observance of the following guidelines will enhance the enjoyment of everyone.
Plan your outings in advance. Register before the deadline- register as early as possible and no later than 9:00 PM the night before an outing, unless otherwise stated.
Arrive early; ‘LEAVE’ time is for departure, NOT assembly
Trips are seldom canceled, even for inclement weather. If you must cancel, call the leader before he or she leaves for the starting point. Members and guest who cancel after arrangements have been made are billed for food or other expenses incurred.
4. Courtesy to the leader, fellow associates, landowner, and the environment is primary.
5. If you are uncertain about an activity call the Leader for details.
6. Contact the trip leader for clothing and gear suggestions.
7. Transportation, entrance fees, and user fees is on a shared-expense basis.
8. Check with the leader before bringing small children. The consent of a parent or guardian is required for unaccompanied guest under 18 years of age. Pets are not permitted. Radios, alcoholic beverages and drugs are not in harmony with our program.
9. Adjust to the leaders pace, neither forging ahead nor falling too far behind. The leader should be told if you drop out, even temporarily.
10. Leave all flowers, plants, and animals for others to enjoy.
11. Do not litter; “Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time.”
Journey: African American Outdoor Sports Association and or its leaders, officers, or representatives, shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage to persons and or property, direct or consequential, arising out of any trips and or activities of the Organization. The assumption of risk, which is inherent in this type of rugged outdoor activity, is implied on the part of each person who attends any association trip; and every person participating in any of said trips and or activities assumes all risk and liability in connection therewith.
13. To allow the leader to make preparations, all trips, unless specified, require pre-registration. Leaders may close registration early when necessary to limit the size of the group. The leader may refuse registration to persons not sufficiently strong or skilled for an event.
©2003 - 2010 Journey / Contact Us / Design: Anu Website Designs